Friday, April 5, 2013

Designers Block or Can I Design Jewelry At All?

I have not hit the selling scene as yet, so I am unsure if my jewelry makings are up to the task.
I have how ever made plenty for gifts, the females in my family are most delighted with their special little hand made gifts of jewelry.


I have had success with bead weaving and beading and now   I have turned my hand to working with artistic wire.

I must say this is a challenge in it's self!
Self doubt and thoughts of helplessness cross my mind as I try and twist and turn the darn wire into a shape of some sort.

I crawl the internet for as many free tutorials I can find and watch the same technique accomplished over and over by many different gifted wire workers.
  My first tree of life is pictured above, not a great challenge, but indeed a lovely piece of art.
 But can I design? Inspiration is found once again by scouring the internet and ideas build upon one another.
Above is an attempt at a design, below is another which I quite like.
  
At times idea's and techniques flow freely as pictured below.


I will admit that I have only been at this wire working for a few months, but I am like a rabid vampire, thirst not for blood, but for skill and know how and  I will not stop until my thirst has been quenched!

7 pairs, 21 individual wire pieces per 1 ear ring.
 Who would have thought wire shaping would look so refined, elegant and scream "wear me".

Thank you so much for reading my post, I do have plenty more to share on this subject, so see you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment